We are seeking talented individuals who want to help shape young minds and teach them the skills they need to be successful. Your responsibilities will include grading assignments, evaluating students’ progress, and planning educational activities.
You should be a competent professional with in-depth knowledge of teaching best practices and educational processes. In addition to having excellent written and verbal communication skills, our ideal candidate will also demonstrate outstanding presentation and interpersonal abilities.
As a guiding hand for our students, you will be an integral part of providing constructive feedback and assuring our students leave the classroom ready to provide for themselves as well as for their community and the world.
- Must be a Christian and actively attend a local church.
- Bachelor’s Degree in teaching or relevant field.
- In depth knowledge of teaching methods.
- Experience working with children and students.
- Frequent walking, standing, stooping, and lifting of up to approximately 30 pounds may be required.
- Full-time position Monday through Friday.
- Work day from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Desire to continue career improvement and travel if necessary.
- Ability to communicate comfortably (written and orally) with students, parents/guardians, administrators, and others.
- Ability to follow and enforce rules, policies, and procedures.
- Support the philosophy and mission of Trinity Christian Academy.
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Design hands-on lesson plans that allow for students to learn and develop educational content including notes, tests, and assignments.
- Supervise classes to ensure all students are learning in a safe and productive environment.
- Organize supplies and resources for lectures and presentations.
- Deliver personalized instruction to each student by encouraging interactive learning.
- Plan and implement educational activities and events.
- Ensure your classroom is clean and orderly.
- Prepare and distribute periodic progress reports and semester report cards.
- Attend parent-teacher meetings.
- Evaluate and document students’ progress.
- Allocate and grade homework, assignments, and tests.
- Develop teaching aids to accompany hands-on work by creating visual aids, providing homework assignments, developing study guides and providing lists of resources such as apps or educational websites.
- Create and administer oral, written or performance exams that allow you to evaluate the effectiveness of your lesson plans and the progress of your students to determine which information needs further teaching.
- Meet with students, parents, other teachers and Chief of Academic Affairs to discuss students’ progress, address concerns, answer questions, provide constructive feedback and determine how students can further benefit from your classes in the future.
- Prepare and maintain student records to include attendance records, grades, behavioral reports, current courses, plans for their careers and contact information for them and their parents.
- Attend training sessions, conferences and seminars to further your own education regarding technological and procedural changes in your field so that you can provide the information to your students.
- Attend and engage in regularly scheduled staff meetings and occasionally engage in parent participation events and other events that may be on nights and/or weekends. Attendance at Orientation and Open House preparations and event dates are mandatory.
- Report directly to the Chief of Academic Affairs and Headmaster.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief of Academic Affairs or Headmaster.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com