- Must be organized, self-sufficient, and able to interact effectively with students, parents, faculty and staff, and team with lead teacher. Willing and able to take over a class as required.
- Implements and teaches lesson plans and instructions as directed by the absent teacher, or consult with HR Assistant if lesson plan is not provided.
- Maintains a clean, respectful, and orderly classroom, and follow classroom and school procedures as directed by the school.
- Leaves notes for the regular teacher at the end of the teaching day.
- Communicates in a friendly and positive manner towards parents, students, faculty and staff.
- Keeps records on attendance, accidents and incidents.
- Protects students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Ensures the safety of students at all times.
- Ability to communicate comfortably (written and orally) with students, parents/guardians, administrators, and others.
- Ability to follow and enforce rules, policies, and procedures.
- Must be a Christian and actively attending local church
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with children and students preferred
- Frequent walking, standing, stooping, and lifting of up to approximately 30 pounds may be required
- Part-time, on-call/flexible schedule. Accept calls/assignments as early as 6:00am in emergency situations. Work day from 7:15am to 3:30pm.